Start Your Journey
Before you begin...
Here's What You'll Need
To complete your online application, make sure you have all of these materials gathered:
- Business Overview/Pitch Deck
- Basic Financials
- Business Plan or Basic SWOT
- Go To Market Strategy
- Development Timeline
We want to make sure that you are ready for our program. This is the criteria we’ll use during the interview process to ensure that you’re a good fit.
- Coachable: Team is willing to lean into Winston Starts resources and be positive in interactions with community members.
- Commercial: For profit with a navigable, timely and sustainable commercialization path
- National: Potential to be a sizable regional, national, or global business. Have competitive and relevant differentiation with sufficient marketplace space to grow into a meaningful player.
- Scalable: Potential to grow at reasonable pace. Can grow profits as it grows revenue.
- Local: Demonstrates a commitment to Winston-Salem as its headquarters and/or site of a significant portion of its employment.
- Mature. The business has been formed and has demonstrated early market validation through customer discovery, a convincing level of secondary research, and /or actual revenue.